Supporting business and expanding opportunities.
Diversity in our supply base is integral to our continued success. Our Supplier Diversity Program is designed to promote, increase and improve the participation of diverse businesses within our supply chain. It provides Comcast purchasers with reliable resources, creates jobs, strengthens our purchasing power and builds value for our shareholders.
We aim to provide equal access and opportunity to all suppliers, and to facilitate nondiscriminatory business relationships with diverse firms.
Companies can qualify as diverse suppliers/vendors if they fall into one of the following categories:
Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
Women Business Enterprise (WBE)
Veteran Business Enterprise (VBE)
Service Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (SDVBE)
Historically Underutilized Business Enterprise (HUBZone)
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT)
Persons with Disabilities (PWD)
Small Disadvantaged Businesses
Those interested in doing business with our company through the Supplier Diversity Program should be able to meet the following requirements:
Able to deliver a quality product or service
Capacity to serve existing and new business
Commitment to service and responsiveness
Current diverse supplier certification from appropriate council or government agency
Comcast and NBCUniversal have also developed a Tier II (subcontracting) program for vendors that may not be able to work directly as primary suppliers. We partner with non-diverse prime contractors and strongly encourage joint ventures, partnerships and subcontracting as methods to create additional business opportunities for diverse vendors.
Our business moves fast and evolves constantly. Embracing diverse suppliers and finding smart ways to source our business needs is mutually advantageous for our business and for diverse suppliers.
When the everyday pace is lightning fast and innovation is the standard, supplier diversity is an important component to the success of our business operations. We practice and prioritize developing mutually beneficial relationships with our diverse suppliers. Successful partnerships provide jobs and economic capacity for the communities where we live and work. And, suppliers' innovative capabilities, cultural ingenuity and creative perspectives on products and services offer us a competitive advantage. At Comcast and NBCUniversal, we welcome the best and most resourceful vendors whose products and services help us do our jobs better.
Partnerships & Recognition
Active partnerships with organizations that support the inclusion of all vendors is a key success factor for our Supplier Diversity Program. Comcast is proud to support and collaborate with partner organizations to increase economic capacity for organizations and owners representing diverse communities.
Comcast and NBCUniversal partner with supplier diversity organizations throughout the country. Our partners include:
National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
National Veteran-Owned Business Association (NaVOBA)
U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC)
U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce (USPAACC)
The National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development (NCAIED)
National Black Chamber of Commerce (NBCC)
National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
Walter Kaitz Foundation
We are honored by the recognition our Supplier Diversity Program received in 2016 and 2017:
- For the third consecutive year, Comcast NBCUniversal earned a place among Black Enterprise’s 2017 "Top 50 Companies for Supplier Diversity."
- Comcast NBCUniversal received the 2017 USBLN Leadership Award as "Top Corporation for Disability-Owned Businesses."
- Comcast NBCUniversal was recognized among Affinity Inc magazine’s AIM 100 for the company’s demonstrated leadership and commitment to LGBT inclusion.
- Comcast NBCUniversal ranked #25 among Omnikal’s "Top 50 Corporations for Inclusive Majority Business Opportunities." 2017 marks our 12th consecutive year on the list. (Omnikal was previously known as DiversityBusiness.com, and its annual list was titled "America’s Top 50 Organizations for Multicultural Business Opportunities.")
- The Women’s Business Enterprise Council of PA-DE-sNJ honored Comcast NBCUniversal with its National Deals Done award, which recognizes the company that spent the most with WBENC-certified businesses in the region over a 12 month period.
- Comcast NBCUniversal earned recognition from the National Minority Supplier Development Council as 2016 Corporation of the Year for Innovation.
- The United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC) selected Comcast NBCUniversal as their 2016 Corporation of the Year.
- The Minority Business News USA team recognized Comcast NBCUniversal among the 2016 Corporate 101: America's Most Admired Corporations for Supplier Diversity.
- Comcast NBCUniversal was selected as a 2016 Military Friendly Supplier Diversity program by the National Veteran Owned Businesses Association (NaVOBA).
- Comcast NBCUniversal was named one of Women’s Enterprise USA magazine’s WE 100 Corporations of the Year.
- DiversityInc ranked Comcast NBCUniversal #5 among its 2016 "Best Companies for Supplier Diversity.